St. Petersburg - Moscow - Suzdal - Moscow
What is included in the tour
• 9 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
• 9 x buffet breakfast
• Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
• Personalised welcome package
• Entrances to Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg, Moscow Kremlin, the Assumption Cathedral in Vladimir and the Church of the Intercession on the Nerl in Bogolyubovo
• Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
• Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escorts on all tours
• Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
• Sapsan high-speed train St. Petersburg-Moscow OW (2nd class)
• Portage at hotels and railway stations
What is NOT included in the tour
• 4-hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine’s Palace: AUD $115 pp
• Visit to folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: AUD $75 pp
• 4-hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace: AUD $115
• 3-hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum: AUD $75 pp
• 3-hour guided channel cruise: AUD $75 pp
• 3-hour Moscow metro and Arbat tour: AUD $45 pp
• 3-hour Moscow by night tour and river cruise: AUD $75 pp
• 8-hour excursion to Sergiev Posad: AUD $120 pp
• Visit to Old Russian Circus: AUD $115 pp
• 6-hours tour of Suzdal and visit to the Nativity Cathedral, Museum of Wooden Architecture, St. Ethymius Monastery and the Transfiguration Cathedral: AUD $120 pp
• Transfer airport to Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky: AUD $115 for private car (1-3 persons), AUD $155 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
• Transfer Hotel Park Inn Sadu to airport: AUD $125 for private car (1-3 persons), AUD $175 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
• Russian dinner at Restaurant Russian Kitsch: AUD $65 pp
• Half board (9 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): AUD $420 pp
DAY 1 (TUESDAY): ARRIVAL ST. PETERSBURG
Arrival in St. Petersburg, optional transfer to Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
DAY 2 (WEDNESDAY): ST. PETERSBURG
St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title “The Venice of the North”. During the morning sightseeing tour we get acquainted with all the splendours of the city: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations. In the evening enjoy an optional visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian „champagne” and snacks.
DAY 3 (THURSDAY): ST .PETERSBURG
The morning is reserved for an optional visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks. In the afternoon, an optional visit to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered. In the evening enjoy an optional Russian dinner at Restaurant Russian Kitsch.
DAY 4 (FRIDAY): ST. PETERSBURG-MOSCOW
The early morning is reserved for an optional St. Petersburg channel cruise. Around noon we go to the Moscow Railway Station and board the Sapsan high-speed train bound for Moscow. The train ride takes us through endless Russian landscapes along the River Volga. In the late afternoon we arrive to Moscow and check in at Hotel Park Inn Sadu**** or similar.
DAY 5 (SATURDAY): MOSCOW
Moscow, The Mother of Russia, is a genuine Russian city with the Kremlin and its onion domed cathedrals. The dramatic changes over the last decade have made the city to one of the most dynamic metropolis in the world. The morning sightseeing tour includes the highlights of the vast city: the Red Square with St. Basil’s Cathedral, the Theatre Square with Bolshoi Theatre and Sparrow Hills with Moscow University and we visit the Kremlin grounds and one of the cathedrals. In the afternoon is offered an optional visit to the Moscow Metro including the historical stations on the Ring-Line and a guided stroll along the famous pedestrian Arbat Street. The evening offers an optional Moscow by night tour including an unforgettable river cruise with the White Flotilla.
DAY 6 (SUNDAY): MOSCOW
The day offers an optional full day excursion to the quaint town of Sergiev Posad, where we visit the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, the most important Russian monastery and the spiritual heart of the Russian Orthodox Church. The whole Lavra has been beautifully restored for the 700-years celebrations of the birth of St. Sergius of Radonezh. The evening offers an optional visit to the Old Russian Circus.
DAY 7 (MONDAY): MOSCOW-VLADIMIR-SUZDAL
Today we start our journey on the Golden Ring of ancient Russian towns. We first drive through scenic Russian landscapes to Vladimir, one of the ancient capitals of Russia. During the city sightseeing tour we visit the Assumption Cathedral and see the St. Demetrius Cathedral, both world heritage sites and the Golden Gate. In the late afternoon we continue to Suzdal and check-in at the Hotel Nikolaevsky Posad**** or similar.
DAY 8: (TUESDAY): SUZDAL
Dating back almost a thousand year Suzdal is a small fairy-tale town with an unsurpassed collection of ancient Russian architecture. During the optional whole day tour we discover all the treasures of Suzdal including the Kremlin, the Nativity Cathedral, the Museum of Wooden Architecture, St. Ethymius Monastery and the Transfiguration Cathedral.
DAY 9: (WEDNESDAY): SUZDAL – BOGOLYBOVO-MOSCOW
This morning we drive to the nearby village of Bogolyubovo to admire the glare white light single-domed Church of the Intercession on the Nerl. The church is built on a small hill, on a river meadow, in all its clarity and beauty it stands like a candle, growing out over the expanse of the meadow. We drive back to Moscow and in the afternoon we check-in at Hotel Park Inn Sadu**** or similar.
DAY 10: (THURSDAY): MOSCOW DEPARTURE
Optional transfer to the airport.