This cruise spans 2,000 kilometers across Europe, from Amsterdam at the North Sea to Budapest, the so-called “Queen of the Danube”. Highlights of the cruise include the passage through the Rhine-Main-Danube canal, visits to numerous capital cities, unique landscapes such as the myth-enshrouded Lorelei rock, the “Schlögener Schlinge” below Passau, the picturesque Wachau region, and the Danube-knee at Visegrad (the Hungarian Wachau)
What is included in the tour
- Fascinating river cruise in on outside river-view stateroom of your choice, most with French balcony or drop-down panoramic windows; Walk-out balconies in Suites on Amadeus Queen
- Complimentary state-of-the-art audio headsets for all excursions
- Services of an experienced, multilingual Cruise Director
- Gourmet dining with all meals included (buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snack) in the elegant Panorama-Restaurant, which accommodates all guests in one seating
- Free-flowing quality red & white wines from Europe’s famous wine regions with every dinner on board
- Coffee and tea after lunch and dinner
- 24-hour complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate and water
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Dinner
- Special onboard entertainment including lectures, cooking demonstration, onboard music performances and nightly music by the Amadeus Duo in the Panorama Bar
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles
- Non-smoking environment (smoking permitted on the Sun Deck)
- All port taxes and local taxes
- Excursions City tour of Amsterdam with canal trip and North Holland excursion
- Cologne walking tour
- Miltenberg and Wertheim walking tours
- Würzburg walking tour incl. wine tasting
- City Tour Nuremberg
- Regensburg walking tour
- Excursion to Melk Abbey
- City tour of Vienna
- City tour of Bratislava
- Guided tour of the Imperial Schlosshof Palace
- City tour of Budapest
What is NOT included in the tour
- Visa fees and requirements (Not required for Europe if travelling on an Australian passport for stays up to 90 days).
- Meals/beverages not stated in the itinerary.
- Optional activities/tours - not mentioned as being included.
- Personal expenses.
- Crew tips and gratuties
- Travel insurance (Mandatory) - We require that all passengers have suitable and essential travel insurance organized, those who choose NOT to make any travel insurance arrangements accept that they have been advised CostlessTravel that travel insurance is mandatory for their own protection and have chosen NOT to take any care.
- Discover The Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia, Austria and Hungary
- Cruise along the Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers
- Discover Amsterdam and Budapest at leisure
- Cruise to Cologne, Nuremberg, Passau, Emmersdorf/Melk, Bratislava and more
- Discover 2000 year old Cologne
- Cruise the passage of the great continental divide
- Visit Oberwesel, “The City of Towers’
- Dock in the Bavarian cities of Wurzburg and Bamberg
- See Nuremberg, heart of the German Renaissance
- Explore Regensburg, one of the most well preserved medieval towns
- Dock in Passau, known for its baroque architecture
- See Emmersdorf and Melk in the beautiful Wachau Valley
- Visit Durnstein, a well known wine growing area
- Witness the stunning scenery of the UNESCO-listed Wachau region
- Enjoy a day at leisure in Vienna
- Explore Slovakia’s capital, Bratislava
- Discover UNESCO World Heritage Sites
DAY 1 AMSTERDAM Welcome Dinner
The historic Dutch capital city of Amsterdam is a wonderful starting point for your 15 day European cruise across Europe. After embarkation, enjoy an evening Welcome Cocktail, followed by a carefully prepared Welcome Dinner. The vessel overnights in Amsterdam.
Stay Amsterdam Over Night
DAY 2 AMSTERDAM > UTRECHT Canal Boat Tour & Dutch Cheese Tasting
Begin your exploration with a relaxing cruise through a myriad of landscapes along the Rhine river, For more active pursuits, spend the morning exploring the canal city of Amsterdam and the surrounding countryside, rejoing the vessel in the town of Utrecht in time for lunch. This evening join your fellow travelers for dinner
Stay Amsterdam Departure at 8.30am
Stay Utrecht 11.30am -12.30pm
Included Excursions City tour of Amsterdam with canal trip and North Holland excursion
DAY 3 COLOGNE Visit to famous Cologne Cathedral
After breakfast, view our arrival into the beautiful city of Cologne. Every year visitors from all over the world are drawn to the historical city and its 2000-year history. Explore the historic Old Town and visit the famous twin-spired Cologne Cathedral, along with the twelve Romanesque Cathedrals that span the city. There are many medieval houses, bridges, and gates that will delight the historian in you, while the more modern skyscrapers that tower overhead are sure to impress. To sample a bit of local flora and fauna, the National Park lies a short ride from the city. After an exciting day, return to the vessel spend the evening cruising the Danube.
Stay Cologne 10am - 8pm
Included Excursions Cologne walking tour
Optional Excursion to the Siebengebirge National Park and Drachenfels Castle
DAY 4 OBERWESEL Passage of the Loreley at sun rise
Early this morning, join your fellow travellers on deck for the famous passage of the Loreley. This narrow passage on the Rhine has inspired a modern day folklore story of the siren of the river. After breakfast the vessel docks in Oberwesel, the ‘City of Towers,’. Enjoy a walk around the wall that still surrounds much of the city. There are a large number of churches, as well as many historic houses that showcase the architecture of the 17th and 18th centuries. Spend the afternoon relaxing on deck, with the passing of the beautiful Rhineland countryside, as the vessel continues its journey.
Stay Oberwesel 9am - 12pm
Optional Excursions Oberwesel walking tour
DAY 5 MILTENBERG Half-timbered houses along the Main river
Today, choose to remain onboard for a relaxing day or join our optional excursion in the afternoon to Miltenberg and Wertheim, two towns famous for their architecture and museums. Both are unique in their own way and are reflective of the storied history of the area. In Wertheim explore the medieval streets with its half-timbered houses and glass museum. In Miltenberg walk through the streets lined with half timbered houses and historic market square. This evening, enjoy another memorable meal as the ship plies the waters toward our next stop.
Stay Miltenberg 2pm - 2.30pm
Included Excursions Miltenberg and Wertheim walking tours
DAY 6 WÜRZBURG Würzburg Residence & wine tasting
Welcome to the Bavarian city of Würzburg, located in the heart of the Franconian wine region! Experience the many beautiful sights of the town such as the marketplace, the Maria Chapel and the old main bridge, the Marienberg Fortress and the surrounding vineyards. As the central hub for wineries in this part of Germany, Würzburg is the perfect place to visit some of the local wineries for tastings. Relax onboard this afternoon and enjoy a sumptuous dinner.
Stay Würzburg 9am - 1pm
Included Excursions Würzburg walking tour incl. wine tasting
DAY 7 BAMBERG Historic old town of Bamberg & Main-Danube canal
The morning is spent cruising the beautiful Main. After lunch arrive in the UNESCO-protected Imperial city of Bamberg and see the New Residence, the unique Town Hall built on a bridge, and the Imperial Cathedral with its four towers. Overlooking the city are seven churches, each atop a hill, surrounding the town.
This evening, we transit the Main-Danube canal highlighted with a talk onboard about this important waterway.
Stay Bamberg 1pm - 7pm
Optional Excursions Bamberg walking tour
DAY 8 NUREMBERG World War II History
Following breakfast, enjoy your day in Nuremberg. Consider a visit to the romantic Old Town of Nuremberg, lovingly restored after the destruction incurred during World War II. A hub for history, Nuremberg is home to many museums including the Documentation Center, which recounts the effects of the Nazi Regime and World War II on the city and surrounding areas.
Back on board, it’s full steam ahead before crossing the European watershed separating the Main and Danube Rivers.
Stay Nuremberg 7.30am - 5pm
Included Excursions City Tour Nuremberg
Guided Tour of the Documentation Centre of Nuremberg
DAY 9 REGENSBURG Bavarian evening on board
In the afternoon, visit one of Germany’s most well preserved medieval cities. This UNESCO world heritage site boasts architecture from many centuries, reflective of its varied history throughout the centuries. The stone bridge, built in 1135-1146, the Church of St James, and the Schloss of Thurn and Taxis are a few of the highlights of this beautiful city.
This evening is a special Bavarian theme celebrating the wonderful region cruised thus far.
Stay Regensburg 1pm - 10pm
Included Excursions Regensburg walking tour
DAY 10 PASSAU Three-rivers city of Passau with famous St. Stephen’s Cathedral
Arrive in time for lunch in the three-rivers city of Passau, lying at the confluence of the Danube, the Inn and the Ilz.
Explore the city with its St. Stephen’s Cathedral, home to one oft he largest pipe organs in the world. The imposing fortress Veste Oberhaus is located high on the hill, overlooking the town and the three rivers. Back onboard, enjoy dinner as the vessel sets off toward the romantic Wachau Valley.
Stay Passau 12pm - 4pm
Optional Excursions Passau walking tour
DAY 11 EMMERSDORF/MELK > DÜRNSTEIN > VIENNA Cruise along the romantic Wachau valley & classical concert
In the early morning, dock in Emmersdorf, in the heart of the UNESCO-protected, cultural heritage landscape, of the Wachau Valley. Spend the morning discovering this typical small town in Lower Austria or travel across the river to nearby Melk and its magnificent Benedictine abbey. - the largest in Austria. Back onboard for lunch, continue through the vineyards of the Wachau to the village of Dürnstein. Spend the afternoon in the romantic village with its iconic blue church and winding streets, and perhaps sample the local wines. Vienna. After dinner, arrive in Vienna and opt for the “Sound of Vienna” and listen to the “Alt Wien” orchestra play popular pieces from Vienna’s classical era, at a local salon, as the vessel remains overnight.
Stay Melk/Emmersdorf 6.30am - 11am
Stay Dürnstein 12:30pm - 3pm
Stay Vienna Arrival at 7.30pm
Included Excursions Excursion to Melk Abbey
Optional Excursions Dürnstein walking tour and wine tasting
Optional Excursions Concert "Sound of Vienna"
DAY 12 VIENNA Walk through the gardens of Schönbrunn Castle
There is much to see and do in this Imperial capital city.. Drive the Ringstrasse with its impressive buildings, see the famous Vienna State Opera House, the Museums Quarter with historic and contemporary buildings with works by Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt and other artists, St Stephen’s Cathedral and numerous other important sites. In the afternoon continue your exploration or perhaps venture to Schönbrunn Palace, the sumptuous former summer palace and gardens of Empress Maria Theresia. After a full day of exploration, enjoy a relaxing dinner onboard.
Stay Vienna Departure at 11.45pm
Included Excursions City tour of Vienna
Optional Guided tour of Schönbrunn Palace
DAY 13 BRATISLAVA Captain's Gala Dinner
Awake today in the capital city of Bratislava in Slovakia. Walk through the city, see the home of the Slovak Philharmonic Orchestra, the old city walls, the summer residence of the archbishop and the current residence of the president of Slovakia. Traverse through the restored old town, from Michael’s Gate, and admire other impressive sights such as the Primatial Palace and St. Martin’s Cathedral, former coronation cathedral for Hungarian kings. Bratislava is a little jewel along the Danube. This evening celebrate with the Captain’s Gala Dinner.
Stay Bratislava 7am - 8pm
Included Excursions City tour of Bratislava
Included Guided tour of the Imperial Schlosshof Palace
DAY 14 BUDAPEST Evening cruise along the illuminated skyline of Budapest
The beautiful Hungarian capital of Budapest is a perfect finale to your trip. One of the largest cities in the European Union, Budapest offers many interesting sites, including the largest building in Hungary: the neo-Gothic Parliament building, Fisherman’s Bastion, Buda Castle and the Chain Bridge, which connects the two sides of the city – Buda and Pest. Onboard this evening, enjoy a Hungarian folklore show as your vessel cruises the Danube to see the beautiful city by night. Remain overnight.
Stay Budapest Arrival at 8.30am
Included Excursions City tour of Budapest
Excursion to the Royal Palace of Gödöllö
DAY 15 BUDAPEST Farewell
After breakfast, we bid you farewell. We hope to welcome you again soon